Glass & other crafty goodies

Are you fascinated with glass? Do you often wonder about all those little glass beads that we all 'play' with...How are they made & Who makes them? Well here is the answer...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

OOoo...I love my new-again lamp!

well all...Things have been busy again here at the studio! So much info coming your way over the next week or so. Summer seems to be gearing up to be a busy season. So much so that I seem to be doing so much of my computer work late at night from the comforts of my bedroom...often even my bed! Don't we love the invention of the laptop! This is when I felt compelled to revamp my beloved bedside lamp.
As you can see from the pics...the lamp had a bronzed finish to it and a great "bulb" of purple glass at the base. That little bit of purple glass is what made me fall in love with the lamp when I first bought it years ago...you know me and glass! I deceided to paint out the bronze with an antique white latex paint and to highlight the detail work I did a little distressing. To bump up the lamps' funk factor I added a chartreuse tassle! I have already enjoyed my new again lamp by reading "The curious incident of the dog in the night time" by Mark Haddon...a recommended read by my physician.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment