Glass & other crafty goodies

Are you fascinated with glass? Do you often wonder about all those little glass beads that we all 'play' with...How are they made & Who makes them? Well here is the answer...

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Road Trip!


Well we just got back from an amazing whirlwind road trip to Washington State. We ate, we shopped, we toured, we drove & amodst all of that we got some culture! These pics are from an amazing installations at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma.

Dale Chihuly is a very well known, well respected glass artisan and he created the Bridge of glass seen here! Truly gorgeous individual pieces, but when you see them 'en mass'...as a collection... the beauty of his work is almost overwhelming.

I say almost but what I really mean is that it WAS an overwhelming experience. As a humble bead maker...I can only imagine creating the enchanting scrolled & fluted glass architecture seen at the museum.

Posted by PicasaI highly recommend a trip there. Even my teenaged son found it spectacular! For more info... http://www.museumofglass.org/

2 comments:

  1. good morn Marsha...
    so glad you found us...
    hope to meet you soon....

    mona & the girls
    ps maybe Lynnwood this weekend...
    at the bead show.???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tragically late seeing the comment...sorry "girls". I hope the weekend was fun, but I was just down in the Seattle area. I will have to time my vacations better next year ;). I am based out of Vancouver Island so if you are this way...Nice to connect!

    ReplyDelete